Are you familiar with this picture: it’s the end of the day, the kids are finally in bed, and the moment you have been waiting for all day is finally here – you sit down on the sofa, turn on the TV and just stare. You have no energy for anything else, just to sit there doing nothing. Oh. This feels good, doesn’t it? Maybe you even made yourself a bowl of popcorn, or maybe you put some ice cream into a bowl. You just don’t have any energy to do anything. Just sit and eat.
That was me. My energy was so low that already at 2 PM I was feeling like I wanted to go back to bed. But I had the afternoon with the kids, I had to survive somehow. Yes, this is the way I looked at it, survive.
One of my biggest problems as a mother was that I didn’t have energy. I felt down and it also affected how I felt physically. I didn’t have energy for anything. Not for cleaning. Not for playing. It really affected everything.
So one of my goals this past year was to work on that and be more energetic person.
One of the things that I learnt from Brendon Burchard is this:
So then I started my quest to look for ways that will help me generate more energy every day. Because I want to live my life to the fullest, live the best life, then energy is one of the big and main components.
Here are ways that I use to generate more energy:
- Drink more water – I said it before and I will say it again, when I drink the amount of water I need, my energy levels are higher. I don’t suffer from headaches and I feel better overall.
- Take breaks – While working I set the timer to 50 min and then take 10 min break. The break is important to not look and check what I missed on Facebook, but I discovered that I need to move around, even dance and jump, and that way it wakes me up and I have more energy to keep going. Sitting in front of the computer with no breaks just makes me feel more tired.
- Eat healthy- again there is no surprise here, but since I removed sugar from my menu and started put more focus and eating healthy, I feel better. I try to start the day with a green smoothie, eat vegetables and try and eat small meals and not big and heavy ones.
- Music – listening to music you love and that makes you feel good can be a big change of energy. I put a song that will make me want to dance. After I dance and enjoy the song, I feel so much better. I also try and do it with the kids in the afternoon when I need the energy boost.
- Meditation/Short nap- I always have the fall in energy at about 14-15 PM. It is just before I have to go and take the kids. I discovered that doing a 10 min meditation or closing my eyes makes a big difference.
- Sleep well- I know that this one is not easy, but I try to have at least 7 hours of sleep at night. I also close that phone 30 minutes before I go to bed and read a book or do some writing to go into the sleep better.
- Do something you love- I try and do one thing that I enjoy every day. If it is a hobby such as decorate my planner or coloring books, maybe take a little walk outside, have a coffee break with a friend. Try and put it in your calendar – it makes a big change in energy when you know that there is one thing that is your choice and that you love and enjoy.
Do you have more tips and tricks to get the energy level up? I am always on the look for more ways.
Until next time,
Don’t forget to smile 🙂